Attorney at law, Partner
Ph.D., LL.M. (Columbia)
Who am I?
Lawyer specialised in intellectual property, data protection, privacy and health law. I advise clients on a full range of topics and represent them before courts. What does characterize me? An out-of-the-box and result-oriented approach, tailored to the needs of natural and legal persons, with corporate clients ranging from start-up and SMEs to multinational companies.
• BianchiSchwald LLC (formerly BCCC Avocats Sàrl, 2016-2019)
• Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd (2014-2016)
• Ph.D., Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) (2016, summa cum laude)
• Visiting scholar, Columbia Law School, Sabin Centre for Climate Change Law (2012-2013)
• LL.M., Columbia Law School (2013, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
• Teaching and research assistant, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) (2010-2012)
• Master in International Law, IHEID (2010)
• Bachelor in Law, University of Fribourg (2008, mention magna cum laude)
• Court proceedings related to data protection and privacy matters
• Advise in relation to major data protection projects
• Numerous trademark proceedings in front of the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
• President of the Commission for innovation and modernization of the Geneva Bar Association
• Editor for the Swiss review sic! (journal of intellectual property, information, and competition law)
• Regular speaker and author of publications related to intellectual property and data protection
• WTR 1000, Recommended Individual 2019 “A shining star in Geneva and WTR 1000 debutant Stéphanie Chuffart-Finsterwald takes a hands-on approach and gets to know her clients’ markets inside out”. Portfolio management and licensing deals are dealt with smoothly by Chuffart-Finsterwald, she is “always on top of matters, highly reactive and very punctual”.