Do you represent an institution, which frequently enters into agreements in the fields of art, culture and creation?
Are you acting as an intermediary on the art market and wish to have your contractual documentation reviewed?
Are you a company providing services in the art industry?
Do you wish to purchase or sale an artwork?
Do you intend to import or export an artwork, or to remit it to an institution?
Do you have to face a dispute in the art sector?
Are you confronted to a breach of your image or personality rights by media?
Switzerland and, in particular, Geneva, are important activity hubs for the art market. The developments of the regulation applicable in this field lead to a wide array of legal issues. We assist the various players of the art market, be they collectors, artists, foundations, institutions, intermediaries or advisors, in relation inter alia to the following issues :
- contracts, including sale, bailment, or brokerage
- transfer of title, cross-border movements of art works
- auctions and e-commerce
- authenticity and attribution of art works, origin
- copyright and resale right (droit de suite)
- conformity with anti-money laundering regulations
- return of stolen or defrauded art works
- cultural goods regulation
We further assist individuals and companies with respect to issues related to media and entertainment law, in particular:
- publishing contracts
- personality rights
- image rights